Sunday 19 February 2012

This blogging routine is definitely something one has to grow into. I hope to turn some of my more interesting entries (assuming there are any) into full-length articles in the future, possibly for a website or who knows a magazine. For now, however, blogging is just a good way of pouring my ideas and feelings out on paper (so to speak).

That's particularly useful for me because my girlfriend generally isn't very interested when I rant about the present state of football or the Commonwealth, or whatever else - in fact it can drive her kind of mad. Hopefully, there are some people out there who have already taken a look at this blog with interest and if you're one of them then thank you so much for taking a few precious minutes to read the words of a total stranger!
 
The problem with blogging, as I understand it, is not letting one's feelings dominate the agenda too much. You've got to put some of yourself into it, naturally, yet be universal and impartial at the same time. Somewhere between saying something relevant and not sounding pretentious is the problem. It's a real tightrope.

I've got a few busy weeks ahead of me at university, writing assignments and finishing my dissertation, but I'll find time where I can to write a couple of blogs. For example, I sense one brewing about the imminent Oscar awards - don't get me started on Streep (who's going to win by the way). And if anything else comes up in the world, those of you who want to know will find out what I think pretty soon. Thanks again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mark,
    you're right, it takes some time to get used to this blogging malarkey - not only routine-wise, but self-editing ideas and setting your own agenda. It's all good practise though, so keep it up and the dividends will start to show.

    ReplyDelete